A founding partner of Bendin, Sumrall & Ladner, Timothy H. Bendin practices primarily in the areas of medical malpractice and hospital law and liability. Tim is a native of Georgia and has been a member of the Atlanta legal community for nearly 30 years. In his practice, he works closely with Georgia physicians and hospitals. He has tried numerous jury trials, primarily in the metropolitan Atlanta area, and has received statewide recognition for his extensive litigation experience. From 2007 to 2016, Georgia Super Lawyers magazine recognized Tim as being in the top 5% of state attorneys practicing in the area of personal injury and medical malpractice defense. In addition to his trial work, Tim also leads educational seminars on various health care topics; his audiences include attorneys, health care professionals and claims personnel.
Professional Negligence / Medical Malpractice
Tim represents physicians, nurses, hospitals, and other licensed health care providers in matters involving allegations of professional negligence and/or medical malpractice.
In his representation of hospitals and other health care professionals, Tim also advises his clients on general and administrative matters, including EMTALA, medical records documentation, and risk management issues.
Tim’s general liability experience includes the defense of hospitals in premises liability cases and other matters involving allegations of ordinary negligence.
- Juris Doctor, 1983, Mercer University
- Bachelor of Arts, 1980, Furman University
- Georgia, 1983
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Georgia Society of Healthcare Risk Management
- Georgia Academy of Hospital Attorneys
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Annual Legal Update for Georgia Society for Health Care Risk Management (GSHRM), 2001-2012
- Inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, 2016