Joscelyn specializes in the representation of healthcare providers in medical malpractice actions, licensing and credentialing investigations and health care regulatory compliance matters, as well as Medicare self-disclosures and audits. Her clients include hospitals, medical practices, pharmacies, surgery centers, and individual health care providers, including physicians, physician’s assistants, nurse practitioners, dentists, nurses, medical assistants, respiratory therapists, and more. Joscelyn has been recognized by her peers as a Super Lawyers Rising Star and top lawyer by Georgia Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite for her excellence in the practice of law.
Joscelyn grew up in Fort Recovery, Ohio. She received her bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism from the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University while also playing Division I volleyball for the Orange. She served as team captain in 2006 and 2007 and lead the team to three Big East Tournaments. Joscelyn then graduated from the Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law. While in law school, she assisted coaching the Polar Bears women’s volleyball team to an NCAA Final Four appearance in 2008. Joscelyn lives in Brookhaven with her husband and three children.
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Healthcare licensing application and reinstatement
- Investigations by state licensing boards
- Medicare/Medicaid Audits
- Georgia Department of Community Health Self Disclosures
- Staff Credentials and Privileging Disputes
- Ohio Northern University, Pettit College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2011
- Syracuse University, Bachelor of Science, Broadcast Journalism, 2007
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Georgia Society for Healthcare Risk Management