Katie is an Associate at Bendin, Sumrall & Ladner, LLC and practices in the areas of medical malpractice, professional liability, and pharmacy law and regulation. Katie earned her Juris Doctor from Georgia State University College of Law, where she served as the President of the Student Health Law Association and graduated with the Health Law Certificate and Pro Bono Distinction. Katie worked in the Health Law Partnership (HeLP) Legal Services Clinic with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and the Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc. handling cases for low income clients. During law school, Katie simultaneously attended Georgia State University’s J. Mack Robinson College of Business, where she received her Master of Science in Health Administration, with honors. Katie earned her undergraduate degrees in English and Philosophy from the University of Georgia, with honors.
Prior to joining the firm, Katie worked with the Georgia Department of Community Health’s Office of Health Planning, to evaluate Certificate of Need (CON) applications and clerked with the United States Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission to resolve workplace safety and health disputes. Katie also worked as a Summer Associate for a civil litigation defense firm specializing in medical malpractice and professional liability.
- Medical Malpractice/Professional Liability
- Pharmacy Law and Regulation
- Juris Doctor and Health Law Certificate, 2019, Georgia State University College of Law
- Master of Science in Health Administration, 2019, with Honors, Georgia State University J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- Bachelor of Arts, 2016, with Honors, University of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Health Law Association
- Georgia Society for Health Care Risk Managers