A member of the Georgia Bar since 1988, Roger S. Sumrall has tried in excess of seventy cases. Roger’s extensive litigation experience includes construction law, medical malpractice and other complex litigation matters. As leader of the firm’s construction practice, Roger specializes in the defense of construction defect and environmental claims. He has handled a wide variety of cases involving building structure defects, sedimentation and erosion, moisture intrusion, and toxic exposure. Roger has broad experience in the defense of professionals, including insurance brokers and agents, health care providers, architects, engineers, and directors and officers. He represents professionals under insurers’ errors and omissions policies and directly when the professional is self-insured.
Roger also focuses his practice on the defense of physicians and hospitals in medical malpractice litigation. He has tried numerous medical malpractice cases to verdict throughout Georgia.
In addition to his trial practice, Roger is an active lecturer for continuing education seminars for both attorneys and claims personnel.
- Construction Litigation
- Environmental Litigation including Storm Water, Asbestos, and Mold Litigation
- Professional Negligence
- Medical Malpractice
- Juris Doctor 1988, Emory University
- Bachelor of Arts 1985, Duke University
- Bachelor of Science, Cum Laude 1985, Duke University
- Georgia, 1988
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Middle Districts of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Claims Association
- Georgia Hospital Association
- “Patient Elopement from 1013,” co-authored with Matthew Branch, GSHRM GAZETTE, November 2011