Kimberly Logue Woodland is a partner in the firm. Kim graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Georgia with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science before earning her Juris Doctorate degree, Magna Cum Laude, from the University of Georgia School of Law. In law school, she was a member of the intrastate and national moot court teams and served on the law review.
After graduating from law school, Kim clerked for Judge Albert J. Henderson on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. Kim then joined a large Atlanta law firm, where she represented parties in litigation involving issues of contract law, employment discrimination, securities fraud, and antitrust. Kim was a partner in two prominent Atlanta firms specializing in professional liability defense before joining Bendin Sumrall & Ladner.
Kim has devoted her career to complex civil litigation, including medical malpractice and product liability cases. Kim focuses her practice on the defense of hospitals and their employees and has tried numerous medical malpractice cases in a wide variety of jurisdictions in Georgia. Kim prepares her clients for all stages of litigation so as to achieve the best resolution of the claims against them.
Kim, a resident of Atlanta since 1984, has two adult children. Kim enjoys traveling, reading, and life in Atlanta.
Professional Negligence / Medical Malpractice
Kim represents hospitals, physicians, nurses, and other allied health care providers in medical malpractice litigation involving allegations of negligent care and treatment, misdiagnosis, lack of consent, wrongful death and birth trauma.
In her representation of hospitals and other health care professionals, Kim also advises clients on general and administrative matters, including pre-suit investigations, risk management issues and medical records documentation.
Kim also represents clients in the trial of complex product liability actions.
- Juris Doctor, University of Georgia School of Law, Magna Cum Laude, 1984
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Georgia, Political Science, Magna Cum Laude, 1981
- Georgia, 1984
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Georgia Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute
- International Society of Barristers
- Litigation Counsel of America
- American Board of Trial Advocates